Wreck Diver Course
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or as a result of a mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery and usually teaming with aquatic life. this speciality is an absolute must for world renown dive locals such as the Northern Redsea and even right here at home in Cape Town!
This program gives you the skills and knowledge required to safely scuba dive above and around these underwater treasures. You will earn the SSI Wreck Diving certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- You will need a minimum of 2 diving days to complete this course.
- Proof of OPen Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age of 12 years old.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of the course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- Acquire techniques for diving and exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards.
- Learn how to research the background of your favorite wrecks.
- Become familiar with wreck scuba diving equipment considerations.
- Gain experience in planning, organising and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your instructor.
- Divers enrolling in this course will greatly benefit from Peak Performance Buoyancy and Deep Diver courses as well as the Enriched Air Diver course for extended dive time this qualification affords the wreck diver.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins & booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before your course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instrutor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
- Own personal dive computer is strongly recommended.
- Own dive light recommended.
Wreck Diver : R2500
*2 Open Water dives
*Transport/charter fees are not included.
Im ready to start