Underwater Navigator Course
This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, basic navigation patterns and how to leave and return to a designated point. You will earn the SSI Navigation Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you. Please enquire about online study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- A minimum of 2 diving days are required.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- Study navigation patterns.
- Acquire a sense of natural navigation (without a compass).
- Learn about compass navigation.
- Know how to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Introduction to underwater map-making and learn how to estimate distance underwater.
- You will be required to privide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase your equipment before the course, it will be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
- You will need to have your own compass.
Underwater Navigator Course : R2500
* 2 Open water shore dives.
Im ready to start