Search & Recovery Diver
Search and Recovery Diver Course
This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives. You will learn about search patterns, specialized dive plans, underwater communication, and how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialized equipment like lift bags. You will earn the SSI Search and Recovery Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your ow pace when it’s convenient for you. Please enquire about our online study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete the online theory/knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- A minimum of 2 diving days are required.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualificatio and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To become familiar with search and recovery dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems.
- To learn to locate large and small objects using search patterns.
- To get to grips with lift bag use and other recovery methods.
- To acquire limited visibility search techniques.
- You will be required to provide yourown basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
- You will also need your own Surface Marker Buoy & reel.
Search and Recovery Diver Course : R2500
*2 Open water shore dives
Im ready to start