Science of Diving
Science of Diving (Dry Course)
This program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program..
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.Please enquire about onlin study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to the written exam.
- Estimated time to complete online theory.knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- Lecture evening on request.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- Explain how physics and physiology are intertwined with everyday diving activities.
- To present the diver with a more specific approach to diving and explain why the underwater world must be respected.
Science of Diving : R2500
* Includes student handbook and lecture on request (there are no dives required for this course).
Im ready to start