Fish Identification Course
The ocean is filled with fascinating and beautiful fish of every shape and size. This non-diving specialty program teaches you the skills and concepts required to identify the common families of Caribbean, Indo-Pacific, and Red Sea reef fish. You will earn the SSI Fish Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.Please enquire about onlin study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to the written exam.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- 1 Day of required dive time.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To be able to identify common families of fish species.
- To understand the role that fish play in the ocean’s ecosystem.
- You will be required to provide yourown basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
Fish Identification Course : R2500
* Excludes optional open water dives.
Im ready to start