Equipment Techniques (Dry Course)
The SSI Equipment Techniques teaches you how to choose, maintain and store your Total Diving System. This ensures performance and increases the longevity of your equipment. You will earn the SSI Equipment Techniques Specialty certification.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you. Please enquire about our online study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to practical application and lecture.
- The estimated time to complete your online theory/knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- Practical application and lecture at Walkerbay Diveschool.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- The minimum age for this course are 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of this course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- Learn how to select the Total Diving System that best fits your needs.
- Gain the knowledge to complete simple repairs and maintain your system properly for increased longevity and performance.
- Understand the reasons for professionally maintaining your life support equipment.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- Bring your own Scuba Gear.
Equipment Techniques : R2800
* Includes a student manual, a lecture and an assignment (There are no dives required for this course).
Im ready to start