enriched air diver
Enriched Air Diver (Dry Course)
The SSI Enriched Air Nitrox program will teach you how to safely plan and dive with enriched air mixtures of up to 40% oxygen. Diving with enriched air can increase your no-decompression limits, increase your safety, and reduce the required length of your surface intervals when compared to air. You will earn the SSI Enriched Air Nitrox 32% or 40% certification after completing this program.
With oxygen enriched air, scuba divers can enjoy longer dive times and shorter surface interval times between dives. This qualification is essentialfor dive holidays such as a Redsea Safari where repetitive dives are done over multiple days. This is the most popular speciality course taught in the world.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our lecture evening.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age of 12 years old.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician, dated within the last 12 months, stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of the course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To learn techniques for gettingmore dive time by using enriched air nitrox.
- To know the enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations.
- To understand enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins & booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before your course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instrutor first.
- Own personal dive computer recommended.
Enriched Air Diver (Dry Course): R2500
- SSI profile with a Scuba Diver course loaded.
- Scuba equipment, wetsuit and weights.
- Student folder.
- Student logbook.
- Diving medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Public pool entry fees (If applicable)
- MPA permit (Can be obtained at any Post Office)
Im ready to start