Digital Underwater Photography
Digital Underwater Photography Course
This program teaches you the skills needed to dive with an underwater camera, and provides the in-depth knowledge and experience required to properly use, maintain and store your equipment. Our goal is help you capture your amazing underwater experiences. You will earn the SSI Photo & Video Specialty certification.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you. Please enquire about online study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- A minimum of 2 diving days are required.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- The minimum age for this course are 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to the standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To learn how to choose the right underwater camera system for your diving and photography needs.
- To acquire three primary principles for good underwater photos whilst at the same time protecting the reef and fragile marine enfironment.
- Consider doing the Peak Performance Buoyance speciality course in conjunction with this speciality to further promote safe and reef-friendly diving practices.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend that you bring along your own wetsuit and weight system.
- Bring your own digital camera and underwater casing.
Digital Underwater Photography : R3000
* 1 Pool dive and 1 open water dive.
* Excludes any boat charter fees.
Im ready to start