Coral Identification Course
Coral reefs are the building blocks of many ocean ecosystems. This program teaches you the skills and concepts required to recognize and identify common families of coral species. You will earn the SSI Coral Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.Please enquire about onlin study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to the written exam.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- 1 Day of required dive time.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To be able to identify common families of coral species.
- To understand the role that coral plays in the ocean’s ecosystem.
- You will be required to provide yourown basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
Coral Identification Course : R2400
* Excludes optional open water dives.
Im ready to start