The ocean is filled with dive sites, but many of them cannot be reached from shore. This program gives you the skills and knowledge required to safely dive from a boat, allowing you to get the most from your underwater opportunities. You will earn the SSI Boat Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.Please enquire about onlin study options.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to the written exam.
- Estimated time to complete online theory.knowledge reviews are approximatly 3 hours of home study.
- 2 Days of required dive time.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To learn techniques for safely using boats/vessels.
- To know where to be and where to help while aboard any vessel.
- To understand boat diving considerations/safety procedures/equipment.
- You will be required to provide yourown basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins and booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
Boat Diving Course : R2800
* Excludes optional open water dives.
Im ready to start