Advanced adventure diver course
Advanced (Adventurer) Course
This program allows you to experience five different open water dives from five SSI Specialty programs without requiring you to complete the entire Specialty. If you are unsure of your next step, this is the perfect way to advance your dive skills and experience, and to identify which Specialty programs interest you. You will earn the SSI Advanced Adventurer certification after completing this program.
Attention: The Advanced Adventurer certification is not counted towards the AOWD Recognition. To achieve one or more specialty certification(s) for the AOWD, you may decide to complete one or more of these specialties. Your dives from the Advanced Adventurer course will of course be counted.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our academic session at the store.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- Sea sives will take approximately 6 dive days to complete required dives.
- Mininmum of 3 days of diving.
- Required dives for this course is 5.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification.
- Proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age of 15 years, unless enrolling as a junior diver, then the minimum age will be 10 years old.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of the course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- In many areas, both locally and internationally, you need to be qualified as an Advanced (Adventure) Diver to be able to take part in some of the most spectacular and enjoyable dives, for instance; Night Dives, Boat Diving, Deep Diving (not exceeding 30 meters).
- All equipment can be rented from the store, we do recommend byuing your own equipment to ensure a more comfortable experience.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before the course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instructor first.
- We strongly recommend that you bring your own wetsuit and weight system.
open water training (sea dive)
Students need to complete a required of 5 speciality dives, which include:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy dive (PPB) or Refresher pool session if required.
- AWARE Fish identification dive (bring your camara)
- Underwater navigation & mapping.
- Deep Boat dive (charter required)
- Night/Low visibility dive.
*Please remember that transport and charter fees are not included.
SSI Advanced Adventurer : R6800
- Student folder.
- Student logbook.
- Registration, plus e-card.
- SSI Advanced Adventurer Online.
- Scuba set & cylinder hire.
- Charter/transport fees (where applicable).
- Batteries for dive light.
- Diving medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Public pool entry fees (If applicable)
- MPA permit (Can be obtained at any Post Office)
Im ready to start