open water diver course
Get open water certified
This globally-recognized certification program is the best way to begin your life-long adventure as a certified scuba diver. Personalized training is combined with in-water practice sessions to ensure you have the skills and experience required to become truly comfortable underwater. You will earn the SSI Open Water Diver certification.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our academic session at the store.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- The in-store academic session comprises of approximately 3 hours. This time is dedicated to assisting with any theory questions prior to completing a written exam, followed by a kit up session.
- The pool session takes approcimately 3 hours and will be booked on commencement of your course, normally on a Saturday/Sunday.
- The sea dive will be determined after successfull completion of the written exam and pool session assessments.
- Sea dive will take 2 days to complete.
- Minimum age of 15 years, unless enrolling as a junior diver, then the minimum age will be 10 years old.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of the course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- Divers are trained to plan and execute open water dives completely.
- Maximum diving depth is 18 meters.
- All equipment can be rented from the store, it is recommended that you do enquire about purchasing your own eqiupment for a more comfortable experience.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before your course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instrutor first.
confined water (pool) session
- Pool sessions lay the foundation of the scuba diving and to train in the essential skills to become a certified Open Water Diver.
- Confined water training consist of a number of required scuba skills demonstrated by the instructor, some of these skills are : Equipment assembly, adjustments, preperation, donning, disassembly; pre dive safety checks; deep water entry; buoyancy check & natural bouyancy; snorkel/regulator exchanges; five point descent; regulator recovery; mask removal, replacement and cleaning; out-of-air exercises; ascents; remove and replace weight system surface; emergency swimming ascent; regulator retrieval and clearing; remove and replace weight system underwater; remove and replace scuba unit underwater; remove and replace scuba unit on the surface; basic snorkelling skills.
- Gear Maintenance.
- Record keeping.
open water training (sea dive)
- You need to complete a minimum of 4 sea dives with the emphasis on skill training.
- Practical application of the skills taught in confined water will be briefed, executed and applied.
- Please remember that the charter/transport is not included.
Open Water Diver course : R6400
- SSI profile with a Scuba Diver course loaded.
- Scuba equipment, wetsuit and weights.
- Student folder.
- Student logbook.
- Diving medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Public pool entry fees (If applicable)
- MPA permit (Can be obtained at any Post Office)
Im ready to start