Night Diver Course
This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably dive at night or in limited visibility conditions. Some of the ocean’s most amazing creatures only come out at night, so your dive doesn’t have to end when the sun goes down. You will learn how to enter and exit the water, use specialized equipment, and how to communicate and dive with a buddy at night or in limited visibility. You will earn the SSI Night Diving and Limited Visibility Specialty certification after completing this program.
Introduce yourself to a whole new cast of critters that comes out after the sun goes down. See your favourite dive sites from a whole new perspective at night. Everything looks different at night, including the ocean! Try the Night Diver speciality course and discover a whole new perspective on the world below.
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- A minimum of 2 diving days will be required.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logbook).
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years of age.
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To learn Night Dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems.
- Know how to control your buoyancy at night.
- Learn to perform entries, exits and underwater navigation at night and learn about new nocturnal aquatic life, since many of the plants and animals you’ll see are different.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins & booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before your course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instrutor first.
- We strongly recommend your own wetsuit and weight system.
- Own personal dive computer strongly recommended.
- Own dive light.
Night Diver Course : R2800
* 2 Open water dives
* Excludes any boat charter fees
Im ready to start