Deep Diver Course
Many exciting dive sites are located in deeper water. Without proper training, this kind of diving puts you at risk. The SSI Deep Diving Specialty will give you the ability to safely and comfortably plan and conduct dives beyond 18 meters, and is a prerequisite for some advanced training. You will earn the SSI Deep Diving Specialty certification. after completing this program
- Training materials are designed so that you can study the academics at your own pace when it’s convenient for you.
- Please start with your course material well in advance to give you enough time to read through and complete theory/knowledge reviews prior to our qualifying dives.
- Estimated time to complete online theory/knowledge reviews is approximately 3 hours of home study.
- This course will take a minimum of 3 diving days to complete.
- Proof of Open Water Diver qualification and proof of last logged dive (up to date logboog).
- Minimum age of 12 years, unless
- A medical statement by a licensed physician stating that you are medically fit to scuba dive.
- Recent ID photo (Required for training records)
- Full payment required before commencement of your course.
Aim of the course
- The aim of the course is to train students according to standards set by the relevant international training organisation and to maintain a level of safety and communication between the student and instructor.
- To learn techniques for diving in the deeper range of 18 – 40 meters, taking into account deep scuba diving equipment considerations and adjustments.
- To gain experience in planning, organising and making at least 3 deep dives under the supervision of your instructor in varying environments e.g. sea or quarry, shore-based or boat diving, reef or wreck.
- Whenever possible this course should be done in conjuction with the Enriched Air Diver course for the extended dive time this qualification affords the deep diver.
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling equipment, soft gear (minimum snorkel, mask, fins & booties). Gloves are recommended.
- If you are planning to purchase any equipment before your course, it would be advised to obtain advice from your instrutor first.
- We strongly recommend own wetsuit and weight system.
- Own personal dive computer strongly recommended.
- Own dive light recommended.
- Own surface marker buoy (and reel) recommended.
Deep Diver : R2500
* 3 Dives.
* excludes any boat charter fees.
Im ready to start